Capital Soccer is excited to offer Futsal at the Civic Center! Beginning in early March, teams will compete for the Capital Soccer Futsal League Championship. The seven-week league will kick off this exciting season of indoor play. The league will replace the boarded soccer league with a more refined game that will match the increased skill level in our programs.
Futsal is the style of indoor soccer that the rest of the world plays. Founded in South America, it is widely regarded as the best way to develop ball skills and small team tactics. The game is played on small courts, both indoors and out without the use of sidewalls, using a special futsal ball.
The term FUTSAL is the international term used for the game. It is derived from the Portuguese word for “soccer”, FUTebol, and the “indoor”, SALao. Futebol de salao or futsal is now the official indoor soccer game of the United States Soccer Federation.
The game is frequently referred to as Five-A-Side. The skill developed in this game is visible in the world-famous style the Brazilians display outdoors on the full-sized field. Pele, Zico, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and other Brazilian superstars developed their skill playing Futsal. While Brazil continues to be the Futsal hub of the world, the game is now played, under the auspices of FIFA, all over the world, from Europe to North and Central America and the Caribbean, South America, Africa, and Asia and Oceania.
Today, almost every major country that has a soccer program entered into international competitions (such as the World Cup) also has a national futsal team. The Futsal World Championships are held every four years.
League play begins the week of Saturday, March 2nd, 2013.
- No increase in league fees for the fourth consecutive year. The most economical indoor league in Vermont.
- Team fee = $683 + $41(6% Vermont sales tax) = $724 plus VSA registration
- $300 deposit due by Feb 15th
- VSA Registration = $4 per youth player, $15 per Adult player
- 2013 Information for Women’s Boarded league
- League Fee – $826 + $50(6% Vermont sales tax) = $876 plus VSSA registration
- U-10 Co-Ed: Friday afternoon/evening
- U-12 Girls: Saturday morning
- U-14 Girls: Saturday morning/afternoon
- U-12 Boys: Saturday morning/afternoon
- U-14 Boys: Saturday afternoon/evening
- U-16 Boys: Sunday morning
- U-18 Boys: Sunday morning/afternoon
- Women: Sunday afternoon/evening
- HS Girls: Sunday morning/afternoon
- Men’s: Tuesday evening